Connection issues even when nearby

Hello there!

I’ve been using my mini2 for 2 years without an issue but I haven’t been flying for a while.
Two weeks ago I needed to record an event and powered on the system to check for updates before.
RC Controller had an update and I made it.
First thing weird was with the controller and drone side by side on a table, connection was poor. Checked frequency and only was poor on 5GHz. 2.4 was perfect. Not good but I was thinking maybe the crowded wifi network on the neighborhood was the reason.

On the event I fired the drone and seemed to work fine until…

I was very close to the drone and was getting disconnection issues. two or three times I was getting closer to regain connection but the issue continue so I cease to use it.

I uploaded the log so if anyone can light some reason on this happening…

Thanks!

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/00D60IC8Y0XCY7WYKXLQ/

I would ask how close were you to your home router when yu were doing the updates? My router is right next to the desk I often use to putz with my Mini 2… When I am linking the drone to the controller/device to download video and photos, the download speed jumps all over the place. If I move to another room, it is stable… I also use a Wi-Fi extender and the instructions say not to set it up in the proximity of the router as it can get overwhelmed by the router. Perhaps you little bird is also affected by the much higher transmission strength of the router.

I would suggest you try it in another room and see if that resolves your issues.

As for what happened after you took off, I am sorry, that’s all I’ve got…

1 Like

Hello.

Today tried downgrading the firmware on both drone and controller and nothing. 5.8GHz is dead and seems like I’m not the only one here.

Opening a ticket on DJI

Probably best. the controller/drone shift frequencies as needed and if 5Ghz is needed, and not available, you can only hope the drone goes into RTH… When I returned my unit to Fort Worth, a replacment was back in 6-days… But Mini 2s were still for sall then, so I received a new on… If they do not repair yours, you will probably receive a Rehab one, I am not saying this is a bad thing. All rehaps carry the same warranty as the new did… Just so you know… Good Luck!

1 Like